Skip to content
- If you have never had any experience with acne, it may take a while and a number of different skincare products to find the AM/PM regime that is right for you. Make sure not to over-dry skin.
- Always finish your AM routine with an appropriate moisturizer. Oil-free, mattifying and/or gel moisturizers work well to keep skin properly hydrated.
- Make sure to drink enough water – 8 glasses a day is the right amount for most.
- If you sleep on your side or stomach, make sure to frequently change your pillowcase. There are linen sprays that help keep cases cleaner between changes. At a minimum, you should change your pillowcase every 4 or 5 days.
- The best thing is to train yourself to sleep on your back. Silk pillowcases are good for both skin and hair.
- Create a regimen to deep clean your skin daily. Using a sonic cleansing device (like Foreo) before a deep cleansing clay mask every evening, works well.
- Note which ingredients work well with your skin and look for products containing them. Salicylic Acid (BHA), Activated Charcoal and Clay, Benzoyl Peroxide, Retinol and Sulphur are good choices.